Is your gray hair looking a little dull or discolored?
Remove the yellow and brighten in minutes with the best purple shampoo for gray hair.
Gray hair can become dull and yellow very easily. In fact, I didn’t even realize my gray had yellowed until I posted a picture on Instagram. I could see the line from my new growth to my older hair. It was a bit of a shock.
There are many factors that can cause discoloration in gray hair: heat styling, certain medications, styling buildup, minerals in your water, chlorine, and UV exposure. Thankfully, it’s easy to bring it back to life with the best purple shampoo for gray hair.
Purple is opposite orange on the color wheel, so the purple color cancels out the brassy yellows and oranges in hair and brings the natural hair color back.
Whether it’s blonde, brown, or gray. all color can get brassy but not all hair colors react the same way to purple shampoos.
One of the most effective ways to fight brassy tones when your gray begins to discolor is using a purple shampoo.
Purple based shampoo is designed to refresh the color and neutralize unwanted yellow tones that your hair picks up over time.
I have tried many different brands of purple shampoo and conditioner over the years and B Uniq is by far the best. I use this once every two weeks for five minutes.
Why I love this Purple shampoo:
This purple shampoo has a thick consistency and contains active violet pigment, giving it an intensely dark purple color, adding to its effectiveness.
It has some other appealing features as well.
- The Only Paraben & Sulfate Free Purple Shampoo on Amazon! Vegan-Friendly and Cruelty-Free too! Contains intense violet pigments to counteract unwanted yellow hues. Purple toning shampoo is suitable for use on grey, blonde, bleached and highlighted hair for a radiant, brighter color
- Boost Cool Hair Tones: Stronger than traditional blonding shampoos, the vivid violet of silver hair shampoo enhances hair color for ice cool blonde or dazzling silver/ash tones
- Money Back Guarantee: For any reason you are not satisfied with the Purple Shampoo, please let us know and we’ll refund 100% of your money, including shipping costs
- Sulfate-Free Shampoo: SLS-free and paraben-free, blonde shampoo is formulated with Vitamin B5 derivative to soften hair strands and add shine in natural and color-treated blonde hair
- Innovative UV Filters: Regular purple shampoo use protects your hair color against fading caused by damaging ultraviolet radiation to maintain your perfect shade of blonde hair
Fast and effective
When I use it I only have to leave it on for two minutes to see noticeable results. Here is a two- minute before and after:
Here is my hair after using BUniq for five minutes after washing with this clarifying Shampoo.
Brighter, white and ashy looks can be achieved by leaving it on longer but I worry about a purple tinge because it is so strong.
what I do not love about this purple shampoo:
It is not super clean
You know I am super picky about the ingredients in my products and I have to be honest, this one is not perfect. Is it paraben and sulfate free? Yes. Vegan and cruelty-free? Also yes. This is great, truly, but there are a few other questionable ingredients I do not care for, like fragrance.
Anytime you see the word fragrance on a label know that it could be hiding dozens of chemicals under that word. It’s a dirty industry secret.
Because of this, it falls into the 10 percent of the 90/10 non-toxic/ real life gets in the way ratio I adhere to.
I use the gloves that come with the shampoo and do not put it on my scalp. I also leave it on for five minutes max.
it is intense so it can be drying
I recommend a thick, rich, conditioning mask for use following BUniq shampoo. I use Shea Moisture products routinely for styling and love this mask.
Please read the directions and follow them closely. This product is for blonde and gray hair ONLY. Do not try to use it on brown hair. The negative reviews I have found on Amazon are from people who tried to remove brassiness in their brown hair despite the clear warnings.
Let me know if you try it out. I have a feeling you’ll like it!
You can find more of my favorite products here.